The Island Garden City of Samal in southern Mindanao is popular for its white sand beach resorts but there’s a small natural waterfalls just right in its capital district in Cawag, Peñaplata that has become a popular spot among locals.
Although Hagimit Falls is small and not too deep, it was developed with family and groups as visitors. Open and close cottages, dressing area, hanging bridge and cemented area are available for easy navigation. From the outside, it is accessible through a cemented stairs so it might take more effort to walk up.
- Adult( Day Tour )- Php 40.00
- Kids ( Day Tour )- Php 20.00
- Open Cottage – Php 500.00
- Close Cottage – Php 1000.00
- Tables with Chair – Php 150.00
HOW TO GET THERE:
- You can take a barge at the Sasa Wharf going to IGACOS or Island Garden City of Samal. Travel time is only 15 minutes maximum. Once you reach Samal Island, another 15php is asked for environmental fee. Then drive from Babak to Peñaplata.
- Option 1: From Magsaysay Park, wait for a bus going to Peñaplata or Kaputian (riding Kaputian is much preferred). Around 40-50php per bus ride.
- Option 2: Ride a motorboat from Sasa Km. 11 ferryboat wharf going to Babak Wharf. Once you reach Samal Island, you can hire a habal-habal (motorcycle) to take you directly to Hagimit Falls. I hired a habal-habal for P500 but I asked the driver to take me to Hagimit and other beaches in Samal.