I went to an Igorot-Talaandig wedding in Bukidnon and I thought of going to Cagayan de Oro to try their popular white river rafting. They say you’ve never truly been to CDO if you haven’t experienced the rafting in Cagayan River so I gave it a go.
I was picked up by Kagay’s service jeepney (the agency where I booked my tour), together with other groups who booked that day. I chose the 3-hour run, well, just because.
The guides gave everyone an orientation, safety measures as well as the do’s and dont’s, before we all settled in our individual rafts. I was lucky to be included in a group of 4 because there weren’t too many participants that day. And then the adventure began!
Here are Kagay’s prices for the tour:
- Lower Section P1200 / head – ( Approximately 3hrs River Run ) 14 Rapids – Class I-II Minimum of 6 pax
- Mid Section P1800 / head – ( Approximately 4hrs River Run ) 24 Rapids – Class II-IV Minimum of 6 pax
- Upper Section P2000 / head – ( Approximately 2hrs River Run ) 14 Rapids – Majority are Class III Minimum of 6 pax
– Jeepney transfer from City Tourism Showhaus, DV-Soria or at your Hotel within city proper to Put-in.– From Take-out back to the City.– Helmets, life vests and paddles will be provided.
– Pictures and Video: P500/CD, P700/USB– Lunch – Plate-in: P200/head- Caving/Spelunking: P1200/head minimum of 6 pax
From the CD that they gave, I made a video of the rafting adventure. Check it out!
A tour guide will take videos and photos of your group. I bought a copy and made a video of the rafting adventure. Check it out!